[Reading: Published May 19, 1823, by J. Rusher, King Street, Reading; and W.H. Timms, engraver, tinter of prints, and mounter of drawings, &c. No. 6, St. James’s Place, Hampstead Road, London, 1823], title & dedication (with imprint) and 12 fine hand-coloured aquatint plates, tissue guards, contemporary half calf, marbled sides, neatly rebacked , slim oblong folio (25 x 33.5 cm)A very scarce colour plate book by Timms, with only one copy found (Yale).
The attractive views include: London Road from Reading; Horne Street & St. Giles Church; Duke Street from the Bridge; King Street; View of the Corn Market, Obelisk & St. Lawrence Church; St. Mary’s Church; View of Reading from Red Lane; Part of Castle Street from the Turnpike; Coley House; Caversham Park; Sonning; and Caversham Bridge.
Abbey, Scenery 294